For this 11th edition, the laureates will be invited to work on Henry Purcell's opera The Fairy Queen, during a three-week residency in Thiré (Vendée, Pays de la Loire). They will then perform a premiere performance at the 2023 William Christie Garden Festival, followed by an international tour during the 2023-24 season, with Les Arts Florissants and under the alternating direction of William Christie and Paul Agnew.
Opening of the call for applications: December 6, 2021
Application deadline: January 19, 2022
Communication of the pre-selection results: February 3, 2022
3 audition sessions (of the candidate's choice):
• New York (USA): February 25 to 27, 2022
• London (UK): March 12 to 16, 2022
• Paris (France): May 24 to June 1, 2022
Note: Applicants must be available on all proposed dates in the city of their choice
3. Participation in Le Jardin des Voix
Location: Les Arts Florissants - William Christie Foundation headquarters in Thiré (Vendée – Pays de la Loire, France)
• Residence of the academy from July 31, 2023
• Performances on August 19 and 20, 2023 as part of the Festival Dans les Jardins de William Christie (availability requested until August 26, 2023 to participate in the Festival)
• International tours with Les Arts Florissants from August 28 to September 10, 2023; from October 5 to 21, 2023; from January 10 to February 6, 2024 and from June 22 to July 17, 2024
The 11th edition of Le Jardin des Voix will be dedicated to Henry Purcell's opera The Fairy Queen.
- 2 sopranos
- 1 mezzo/alto
- 1 countertenor
- 2 tenors
- 2 basses
Note: The soloists will also sing the ensembles.
Eligibility & How to Apply
Le Jardin des Voix is open to students and graduates of specialized higher education institutions or of an equivalent level. Applicants must be 30 years of age or younger by December 31, 2023 (i.e. born after December 31, 1992).
Each applicant must submit an application including:
- a one-page curriculum vitae
- a one-page letter of recommendation
- a one-page cover letter
- a photo portrait
- a copy of your passport
- three recordings (audio or video):
- an aria of your choice by George Frideric Handel
- an aria from Henry Purcell's The Fairy Queen (A=392)
- an aria of your choice (from before 1750)
Applications must be submitted electronically by January 19, 2022 at the latest through the following link: http://urlr.me/RN7Hm
For any question, please contact us by mail at email@example.com
The pre-selected candidates will have to sing three arias (max. 15 minutes in total) during the audition:
- an aria of your choice by George Frideric Handel (A=415)
- two arias from The Fairy Queen by Henry Purcell (A=392)
Apply now, we look forward to hearing you!