Wednesday, October 14 at 8.30pm (Paris time/CEST), the Philharmonie de Paris and Les Arts Florissants invite you to join the audience of the “Gesualdo - Madrigals, Book V” concert, to be live-streamed on our social media accounts.
After an acclaimed concert series and a Gramophone Award-winning recording, Paul Agnew and his madrigal singers continue their adventure with the oeuvre of Gesualdo—a composer as renowned for his tumultuous life as he is for his singular and powerful music.
Join us via our Facebook page or on YouTube on Wednesday, October 14 at 8.30pm (Paris time/CEST) to discover the 5th Book of Gesualdo Madrigals!
Concert recorded by France Musique and filmed by the Philharmonie de Paris
For more on Gesualdo and his Madrigals:
• On CD, “Gesualdo: Madrigali, Libri primo e secondo”, a hamonia mundi / France Musique co-production, crowned best Early Music recording at the 2020 Gramophone Awards.
• Coming soon! The next recording (Madrigals, Books III and IV), a harmonia mundi / France Musique co-production, to be released February 5, 2021.
• The first concerts of Gesualdo’s Madrigals in replay on Philharmonie Live
• “Gesualdo - Madrigals, Book IV”, full concert, in replay on YouTube (filmed by the Philharmonie de Paris)
• Interview with Paul Agnew on his Gesualdo Cycle
• “Gesualdo, polar baroque" in the Philharmonie’s on-line Magazine