TEN BENCHES IN THE GARDENS OF THE QUARTIER DES ARTISTES
"For a garden lover such as myself, what a joy it is to go for a walk, then to sit on a bench, facing majestic trees or a picturesque river...
For several years, the Fondation Les Arts Florissants and I have been creating public parks and gardens in Thiré, in the Vendée, to allow everyone to experience such moments.
Today, you too can contribute to this great adventure, by adopting one of the benches we plan to install in these gardens." - William Christie
THE GARDENS OF THE QUARTIER DES ARTISTES
Born from the imagination of William Christie, the Quartier des Artistes has become one of the flagship projects of the Fondation Les Arts Florissants - William Christie over the past decade. In the heart of the village of Thiré (Vendée, Pays de la Loire), this international artistic and cultural campus welcomes numerous artists in residence each year and allows us to host the Festival Dans les Jardins de William Christie.
Today, the Quartier des Artistes is enhanced by two public gardens, designed by the Foundation to be accessible to all throughout the year: the Ida Jones Christie Park and the Garden of Islands. More than a simple landscaping project, it is a commitment to preserve and revive the landscape of the Vendée countryside, by recreating open spaces planted with trees, shrubs and plants characteristic of the region.
Ida Jones Christie Park
Named in honor of William Christie's mother, the Ida Jones Christie Park is a green landscaped area, conducive to rest. The presence of benches will make it a welcoming place for festivalgoers and visitors of Thiré, who will be able to picnic there between visits or concerts.
In Terra Pax Park and the Garden of Islands
Located on the banks of the Smagne River, the Garden of Islands is an enchanting place where walkers can linger and enjoy the cool shade of the trees and the beauty of the shimmering water between water lilies. The benches will be an invitation to rest and to meditate, in the contemplation of nature.
The benches are carved in Lavoux stone, a stone extracted from a quarry dating back to the 14th century and used in particular for the vases and statues in the Tuileries Gardens in Paris. In the respect of traditional methods, they are made by a company specialized in stone cutting which is also one of the only ones to have its own workshops. Involved in heritage restoration projects since 1944, it offers a unique know-how between tradition and innovation that will sublimate the realization of these benches.
Dimensions 1.60 m long x 40 cm wide x 15 cm thick (5’3” x 1’4” x 6”)
Height: 45 cm (1’6”)
Materials: stone, granite base and limestone seat
ADOPT A BENCH, A MEANINGFUL GESTURE!
"Adopting one of these benches is a meaningful gesture: you will offer visitors the opportunity to rest during their walk - but also, it could be a way for you to leave your mark in the gardens, where your name will be engraved on this bench. You can also choose to offer this bench as a gift to a loved one or on the occasion of a birth... or in memory of a deceased friend, so that their memory will live on in the heart of this beautiful nature." - William Christie
• A meaningful gift for yourself or a close relation
• A thought in memory of a loved one or an important event
• A sign of your commitment to William Christie's project to restore the gardens and landscapes of the French countryside of the past
• Your contribution to the development of the gardens of the Quartier des Artistes of Les Arts Florissants
HOW TO ADOPT A BENCH?
The adoption of a stone bench, engraved with the name of your choice, is a donation for the amount of €5,000*.
Tax benefits for French fiscal residents: as an individual or a company, you will benefit respectively from a tax reduction of 66% of the amount of this donation on the IR or 75% on the IFI, or 60% of the amount of your donation on the IS. The real cost of your donation will therefore be €1,700 (IR) or €1,250 (IFI) for an individual, or €2,000 (IS) for a company.
Select the location you desire on the map (subject to availability) and contact the philanthropy department of Les Arts Florissants:
By phone: +33 (0) 6 89 89 79 08 / +33 (0) 74 18 37 71
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
* 78% of this amount corresponds to the cost of the stone and the design, engraving, transport, and installation of the bench in the gardens. The rest constitutes a further donation to Les Arts Florissants to support the development of the gardens and the Quartier des Artistes.
IN APPRECIATION OF YOUR DONATION
• Your name (or chosen name) engraved on the bench for life
• A certificate of adoption signed by William Christie
• Unlimited access to William Christie's Gardens for one year, for you and your family.
• An invitation to the inauguration of the benches and a private tour of the garden with William Christie (date to be announced)
• Exclusive benefits of Les Arts Florissants’ membership program at Bronze level (a personalized membership card, invitations to special events such as private rehearsals, season presentation, meetings with the artists, etc.; dedicated ticketing; donor acknowledgement,...)