Masterclass #1: French music with William Christie – Couperin, Charpentier, Lambert, Lully
February 13 - 16, 2021 - Thiré (Vendée, Pays de la Loire - France)
Four days of chamber music, to deepen one's practice and knowledge of the late 17th-c./early 18th-c. French repertoire.
With William Christie and Les Arts Florissants artists Lisandro Abadie (bass singer), Emmanuel Resche (violin) & Myriam Rignol (viola da gamba)
Come take part in this unique experience with William Christie and Arts Florissants musicians, in a remarkable setting dedicated to baroque arts!
Instrumentalists and singers, young professionals or students at higher education institutions
When and where?
February 12 to 16, 2021 at the Quartier des Artistes campus in Thiré (Vendée, Pays de la Loire - France)
What’s on the program?
- collective / individual / small-group working sessions
- alternation between music theory and practice
- focused work on the Arts Florissants’ and William Christie’s repertoire of predilection: Couperin, Charpentier, Lambert, Lully
- musical moments with Arts Florissants musicians Lisandro Abadie (bass singer), Emmanuel Resche (violin), Myriam Rignol (viola da gamba)
- a public performance to conclude the master class
How to register?
- a CV / resume
- a cover letter
- two recordings of pieces from the mid-17th-c./early 18th-c. French repertoire (either sacred or profane) *
Via email: email@example.com by November 30, 2020
Cost of attendance: €450 (including tutoring, individual room for 4 nights (Quartier des Artistes), meals and transports from train station or airport)
Limited number of participants.
* Suggested repertoire (indicative, non-exhaustive list) :
- LULLY, COUPERIN, CHARPENTIER, LAMBERT, MARAIS, HOTTETERRE…
- CHARPENTIER: Leçons de ténèbres
- COUPERIN: Leçons de ténèbres
- MOULINIÉ, LAMBERT or other French composers of the 17thc.: Airs de cour