Masterclass #2: The art of fine singing... Italian popyphonic music
Monteverdi and his contemporaries
November 26 - 29, 2021 - Quartier des Artistes / Thiré (Vendée, Pays de la Loire - France)
4 days to deepen the. knowledge and practice of Italian polyphonic music of the 17th century, with Paul Agnew (Co-artistic Director of Les Arts Florissants) and Barbara Nestola (language coach and musicologist).
Young professionals or students of voice in a higher education institution
What’s on the program?
- group work sessions
- alternating between theory and musical practice
- work on one of Les Arts Florissants’ favorite repertoires with Paul Agnew
- a public presentation
This masterclass will be an opportunity for all to experiment with ensemble practice through a permanent situation under the critical and benevolent eye of Paul Agnew:
- Practicing music collectively
- Master the specific stylistic features and elements of language
- Know the historical and musicological context of the works
- Address the question of sources
Location: The masterclass will be held at the Quartier des Artistes de Thiré (Vendée - Pays de la Loire), headquarters of the Fondation Les Arts Florissants - William Christie. Participants must travel to Thiré the day before the first day of the masterclass, November 25.
Participation fee: 450 euros, including the pedagogical part, accommodation for 4 nights in a single room (in the artists' quarters), meals and transfers from train station or airport.
10 participants maximum
How to register ?
Musicians who wish to participate must send us
- a CV
- a letter of motivation
- a recording of an Italian recitative from the first half of the 17th century (by Monteverdi or Cavalli for example) as well as an aria of your choice from the 17th century (not necessarily Italian)
Registrations are now closed for this masterclass. Keep posted to be the first to know about our future ones, by subscribing to our newsletter!