THE ARTISTS' QUARTER - A PLACE FOR RESIDENCIES
An international arts and culture campus in the village of Thiré, the Quartier des Artistes is set up to host young artists and art and garden specialists, in a spirit of openness and interaction with the village and its visitors.
Showcasing the trades of local artisans, it is a remarkable restoration project using traditional techniques and materials that are placed in the spotlight on European Heritage Days.
All year long, the Quartier des Artistes welcomes study, work or creation residencies for projects related to the baroque spirit, be it in music, heritage or gardens. In 2020, the Foundation has hosted for the first time a participant in the Odyssey residency program let by the Centres Culturels de rencontre Association (ACCR) with the support of the French Ministry of Culture.
MORE THAN 10 RESIDENCY PROGRAMS PER SEASON
MORE THAN 100 ARTISTS, GARDENERS, LANDSCAPE DESIGNERS, SPECIALISTS IN BAROQUE ART, ETC.
MORE THAN 240 DAYS OF RESIDENCY THROUGHOUT THE YEAR
A REMARKABLE GARDEN
Year by year, grove by grove, William Christie has created gardens as eclectic as they are extraordinary, hailed by leading specialists, and registered as a regional heritage site (ISMH) in 2006.
Festival Dans Les Jardins de William Christie
Festival de Printemps – Les Arts Florissants in the churches of southern Vendée
OVER 10,000 VISITORS EACH YEAR
OVER 100 CONCERTS, WORKSHOPS AND TALKS
OVER 60 ARTISTS
LE JARDIN DES VOIX ACADEMY
A breeding ground for talent bringing together the most promising baroque singers of their generation.
A 3-week residency in Thiré
Special preview concert events during the Dans les Jardins de William Christie Festival
An international tour starting in Nantes.
• 2 artistic practice workshops per day (music and dance) throughout the Dans les Jardins de William Christie Festival.
• School programs throughout the year at seven primary schools in Thiré and surrounding areas.
• Garden and plant-themed discovery actions with the Thiré school and during the Festival.
• An educational partnership with horticulture students from the Maison Familiale Horticole in Mareuil-sur-Lay (design and creation of a garden.
• Hosting gardening and landscaping interns from horticulture schools in France and abroad.
• Artistic practice workshops (dance and music) organized yearly with local schools.