After several months of auditioning candidates from all over the world, we are particularly pleased to reveal the names of the 8 winners of the 11th edition of Le Jardin des Voix, Les Arts Florissants' academy for young singers!
soprano • USA
mezzo-soprano • Canada
mezzo-soprano • UK
mezzo-soprano • France
tenor • Lithuania
tenor • Portugal
baritone • UK
bass-baritone • UK
For this 11th edition:
• 169 applications received (29 nationalities)
• 6 days of auditions in London, New York and Paris
• 8 laureates from 6 different countries
In 2023, Le Jardin des Voix will bring together these 8 laureates for a new exceptional production: The Fairy Queen by Henry Purcell, directed and choreographed by Mourad Merzouki and conducted by William Christie and Paul Agnew (in turn).
Save the dates!
• August 2023: Working residency in Thiré (Vendée, Pays de la Loire), in the heart of the artistic and cultural campus of Les Arts Florissants (le Quartier des Artistes)
• August 19 & 20, 2023: The Fairy Queen as the opening show of the Festival Dans les Jardins de William Christie in Thiré
• Season 2023-24: International tour featuring performances on several stages in the Pays de la Loire region and at the Philharmonie de Paris, among others
Le Jardin des Voix is supported by Aline Foriel-Destezet.
The Festival Dans les Jardins de William Christie is co-produced with the Vendée Department.
The artistic and cultural campus of Les Arts Florissants in Thiré is labeled as a Cultural Encounter Center and is supported by the Ministry of Culture, the Pays de la Loire Region and the Vendée Department.