This spring, the artists of Les Arts Florissants will be visiting schools to introduce children to the fascinating world of one of the most famous Baroque composers: Vivaldi!
Who is Vivaldi? Known especially for his Four Seasons, Antonio Vivaldi was a major figure in Venice in the late 17th and early 18th centuries, although there is far more to his oeuvre than his “smash hit” of Baroque music!
To present the different facets of this extraordinary musical genius, singer Sophie Daneman and dancer Pierre-François Dollé, accompanied by Les Arts Florissants instrumentalists and singers, are offering a series of workshops at schools in southern Vendée. The sessions delve into history, song, dance... and the music world of Venice in the Baroque period.
- March 15-16, 2021: Workshop on "The Red-Headed Priest, a violin virtuoso”
- March 29-30, 2021: Workshop on "Baroque opera in Italy"
- May 10-11, 2021: Workshop on "Dance in the Baroque period"
- May 17-18, 2021: Workshop on "Vivaldi, a man of the theatre and of the Church"
- June 4, 2021: Final presentation of the educational project for all classes that took part in the workshops